Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Intro to GIS, Lab 7/8: Data Input & Editing and Data Search



Map #2: Major Cities, Waterways, Miami-Dade County boundary and a DEM (showing elevation)

This weeks lab was an exercise in collecting, transforming and projecting all of our own data.  We were  each assigned different county in Florida and were given a list of what needed to be included in the 1-3 maps.  I found the most challenging part of this lab was finding the correct data and getting it projected the way I needed.  Most of the data was gathered from either Labins or FGDL.  Because there was so much information that needed to be displayed, it took me more than one map.  I took a look at the information and how it was displayed in ArcMap and used that to determine how to divide up the data in a way that made sense and still looked good.  Above is one of my maps that I created.

No comments:

Post a Comment