Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Special Topics, Week 13: Forestry - Report Week

This week finalized our analysis of clear cutting.  This topic was interesting and definitely had me divided about whether it's a good thing or a bad thing.  My final opinion and side was that I feel that it's not great but it's necessary.  If it's done correctly and follows the regulations that are set in place, then it can be a sustainable and profitable practice.  We had to create a poster, claiming our position and backing it up with analysis and additional scholarly articles.  


This poster was created to share my opinion of clear cutting practices via 
GIS analysis and research from scholarly articles.  I think it's an 
unfortunate necessity.  Regulations are in place for a reason
and as long as they're followed to point then it'll
be a profitable and sustainable practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment