Thursday, October 24, 2013

Special Topics, Week 8: GIS Web Applications - Prepare Week - Storyboard Development

This week we started a new module and we're focusing on GIS web applications.  We're working on story maps.  Story maps are interactive maps that are generally less technical and more descriptive.  They are designed to tell a story but they also include pictures or images, descriptive texts, attached documents and even helpful hyperlinks.  For prepare week, I put together a storyboard for what I want my story map to show and how I want my story told.  The basis of my map is going to be my move from Wisconsin to Hawaii.  I'll be flying out of Chicago, have an extended layover in San Diego to see some sites and friends and I'll land in Honolulu.  I'll see some classic Honolulu sites before my final flight to the island of Maui.  I want my map to show my trip and the sites that I am going to visit along my way.

I plan on using various images and configured pop-ups to convey information about the individual sites.  Below is an example of one of the images I might use for my stop in Honolulu.

Diamond Head Crater State Park, Honolulu, HI

No comments:

Post a Comment