Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cartographic Skills, Lab 12: Google Earth

Screen shot of the initial stage of my Southern Florida tour.
This weeks lab, we solely dealt with Google Earth.  I have used Google Earth a little bit in my past - more just touring around the world than anything really useful.  However, this lab definitely taught me a lot more about it and how incredible of a tool it really is.  In the above image, you can see a combination of a map I created previously and a Google Earth map of Southern Florida.  We learned how to convert files created in ArcGIS to use in Google Earth.  We also created a tour, stopping in various major cities in southern Florida, using Google Earth, turning on and off various layers throughout.  I am excited to use this in the future - for business and pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment